Firstly, welcome back to you all! The children have made a fabulous start to the new school year. They all look very smart and ready to learn.
I have few reminders and notices which may be helpful to you:
· Thursday 9th September 8.30am will be our first daily mile. If your child would like to join in, they can meet the coaches at 8.30am on the playground. If they do not have PE on Thursday, they should still come to school in uniform but have suitable footwear to take part in the daily mile. They will them be expected to change into their school shoes for the remainder of the day. Daily mile is optional. If your child does not wish to take part, the classrooms will be accessible from 8.35am as per the normal routine.
· This Thursday lunchtime the year 5/6 boys will have the opportunity to try out for the football team. They only need to bring football kit to change into if they are not already in PE kit that day. The boys who are selected will then have a football session every Thursday lunchtime.
· There will be a girls football club every Monday lunchtime for year 5/6 girls. We hope to form a team and organise some friendly matches with other local school. The girls only need to change into sports kit if they are not in PE kit that day.
· Football club and athletics clubs start this week. Football on Wednesday 8th and Athletics on Thursday 9th September. As you are aware, there was a huge uptake for football club. As a result, children have been allocated one term of football club. If you sent the football club slip back, text messages were sent before the holiday to inform you which term your child has been allocated.
· Athletics club will run until Christmas.
· Netball club will start on Tuesday 14th September.
· All clubs end at 4.15pm
· Friday is Inspiration Day for all children. The themes for the day are as follows:
Year 3- Ancient Greece
Year 4- Tudors
Year 5- Ancient Egypt
Year 6- Amazing Americas.
If your child has PE on Friday, they do not need to come in PE kit but they will need to wear suitable footwear for a light PE session.
· As PE kit is now worn for two days per week, children are expected to be in full, correct PE kit. Thank you for your support.
· Year 3 and 4 children will be dismissed to parents on the playground. The gates opens at 3.15pm for parents to make their way to the playground and to help ease congestion on the gate.
· Parents do not come onto the playground in the morning. Children are dropped off at the gate. There will always be a member of staff on the gate to take messages if required.
· Year 5 and 6 children meet parents on the path or walk home if prior permission has been given.
· A letter has been sent home regarding swimming which will start in 4S next week.
· Marvellous Me letters have been sent to all year 3 children. The system is separate to the infant system. Even if you used the app previously, you will still need to sign up with the Junior code given.
· Year 3 parents will receive a letter regarding 360Pay shortly. This will provide all the details you need to set up your account.
Apologies for the huge amount of information. I thought it would be helpful to have it all in one place!
Thank you again for the wonderful start back. It has been a wonderful start to the new term.
Mrs J Nash
Head of School